Triplet’s Desktop Hosting – Reduce or eliminate installation, maintenance, and support your personal computer without changing the way you work. The hosted Windows Desktop can be accessed from any computer or terminal with an internet connection.
What is Desktop Hosting?
Installing and maintaining separate PC workstations is complex, and traditionally users have almost unlimited ability to install or remove software. Corporate information technology departments, and users have therefore often used Terminal Services, Citrix and VMWare to provide a stable, “locked down” desktop environment to the user, who could be either using a regular desktop PC, or a small, quiet and robust thin client.
Managed Desktop Hosting provides many of the advantages of a terminal server, but (if so desired and configured by system administrators) can provide users much more flexibility. Each, for instance might be allowed to install and configure their own applications. Users also gain the ability to access their server-based virtual desktop from other locations.
Benefits of Desktop Hosting:
- Near-instant provisioning of new desktops
- Near-zero downtime in the event of hardware failures
- Significant reduction in the cost of new application deployment
- Robust desktop image management capabilities
- Normal 2-3 year PC refresh cycle extended to 5–6 years or more
- Existing desktop-like performance including multiple monitors, bi-directional audio/video, streaming video, USB support etc.
- Ability to access the users’ enterprise desktop environment from any PC, (including the employee’s home PC)
- Desktop computing power on demand
- Multiple desktops on demand
- Self provisioning of desktops (controlled by policies)
At Triplet Computers, we will review your existing infrastructure to show how you can become more efficient, which will result in cost savings for your business.
To learn more about Triplet’s Cloud Solutions, please Request Information today!